Sunday, May 21, 2006

Malvern Quilt Show

I had a great time at the Quilt show...what...I didn't mention it at my last post?? Well, that is because I didn't know I was going until I got an email from a friend from the National Needlework Archive where I volunteer!

I went on a mission...to find the weird and wonderful items I could find! So what did I find???

Punch needle and kit for making a small picture...this was a gift for someone....
Needle Felting kit
Silk roving to use for felting
Wool top to use for felting
Opal self striping yarn for socks (I liked the colors)
Anchor pearl cotton to make a scribble scarf....see Debbie New's "Unexpected Knitting"
Several different pieces of fabric for bags.....

I've got lots to do....now if I could just find the time! I did find lots of really good color inspiration too. I might show one of those pics later after I study them a bit more. The quilts were awesome!

I did manage to finish crocheting a project and I'll have to work on sewing it up and getting the black felt I need for that project...then I can give it as a gift and can take a pic for here!

I did actually get into my craft room today and managed to do some cleaning out of old mags to get rid of...and rearrange things so that I can get my yarn in one area so that I can actually find what I want when I need it! I found a bunch of yarn today that I brought with me from the States that I had NO IDEA I had!!!! Which is good because my friend Linda has decided that the four of us at the NNA are going to work free form waistcoats for Christmas. We can't buy any new yarn....well she did say we could buy one ball if we are desperate....hmmm...I did try to talk her into something smaller! When is that extra hour or so a day going to come????

1 comment:

CraftyPerson said...

So you've got just about 6 month sto plan and make your freeform waistcoat.
How about posting a picture of teh yarns yo have choden FROM YOUR STASH!!!!