Friday, June 27, 2008
Here are a couple of presents I've made recently. I love the top pattern book the most. But I like the way you stitch on the face on the bottom picture. My Niece Paige got the Kitty and her mom told me she took it to a sleep over the next night. I had to make something for her, when we visited last everything that was knitted in my suitcase she would ask..."Did you make this?" Her brother is getting a doggie, and possibly more from the easily found book below. It uses a type of chart for the directions which is handy.
Off on vacation now. Taking a bag and a basket full of crafting goodness. Wonder if I'll get any of it done?
Thursday, June 12, 2008
So what do I drink here??? Water, water and occasionally a Fanta Lemon with lots of ice.
Sunday, June 08, 2008
This.....Rowan Joy, Rowan Handknit cotton
The first and second pictures are of a sweater I started a few months ago. The crocheting has been easy, but I had to work to make the sleeves large enough for my huge arms....no it isn't muscle. Anyway, the first picture is closer to the real color of the green then the second.
The third picture is an experiment I'm doing. I've been wanting to make some rugs...don't know why...just did. Well in July I have been asked to do a quick lesson on luceting with the gals at the guild. So I thought it would be good to actually have something sort of made for it. I love the square braid this makes and it sews together very easy. I'm making this out of Peaches and Cream cotton I bought in the States when I was home for Thanksgiving!
Friday, June 06, 2008
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I’m kind of a yarn snob…though I do use Collinette acrylic. During the summer I really like cottons.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a few different ways to store my needles, the one I like the most is my wicker vase with my wood and bamboo straight needles in. I could use something to help me organize my circular needles by size.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I would consider my self an intermediate. I’ve been knitting for 10 years now, but only this year did I make myself a sweater! I use to make things for others all the time, but have become a bit selfish lately…though I still have my niece and nephews to make things for.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I have an Amazon wish list.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Lavender or vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes!!!! Anything but licorice
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do about everything you can think of, though I’m doing a lot of beading at the moment. Well, and I’m also busy making rugs with a couple different techniques that I will talk about in future posts. I drop spin, though I need more practice.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like new music (that isn’t to Pop).
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I’m in to strong rainbow colors at the moment.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with two cats and a guinea pig!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
No ponchos….but yes to the rest
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
At the moment I doing a lot of sweaters, but I like knitting anything really.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Finishing a crocheted summer sweater and knitting a t-shirt type shirt.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use more circular because I travel with my knitting a lot. No plastic though.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, though I can see the benefit after spending a bunch of time needing to undo knots in a sock weight yarn that caught on itself all the time I was trying to hand wind!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Going to the States to visit my family.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don’t subscribe to any knitting mags at the moment, I do get Selvedge which is a wonderful textile book. I really like to learn about all kinds of textile technigues.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I do…though I’m a tight knitter so I find it hard to fit my foot…I have a high arch and no ankles
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Let the fun begin!!!