I've been pulling up the cracked concrete from our floor. There have been a few repairs in the past that were a bit thrown together....not that ours is going to be terribly professional either! It is only cracked in front of the windows in the front and back and a bit on the outside wall. (This has been funny because Rich and a couple other people think when I say outside wall I mean Outside THE wall....funny.) I took the hammer and a couple of bolsters to the floor and made a tidy job of it I think. I realized that I needed to put a barrier up and decided the best thing was cement board, so I bought Aqua board used for tiling. I cut it to size and used this foam adhesive to glue it in. This is what it looked like. Not a great pics.
While I've been doing this, Rich as been painting, painting, painting...... Three layers on the inside wall at the moment. We have also had some guys out to give us quotes on windows....and found another problem outside with the wall above the back French doors.....needs a new lintel and more mortar.....ah well. All this fun stuff to do!
So what else have we been doing??? What Dawn and Rich...isn't the living room enough??? NO!
Because the builders are coming back on the 16th to plaster over the Artex on the wall in the hall way and re-plaster the little bathroom downstairs, we needed to do some re-arranging. We recently bought a really nice Arts and Craft looking dresser for the kitchen remodel. This has been in the hall way but we needed to get it out of there. So this meant:
- Taking out a pantry cupboard and a wall cupboard. All the stuff that stored there in boxes.
- Take off the counter top with microwave and etc on it put into boxes.
- Take up nasty lino from years back and also the carpet because it was too dirty to clean after years of not being able to get under the cupboard and dryer.
- Move dryer next to stove.
- Move frig against the wall were the cupboards were. (Not that great a fit, can open all the doors, but not fully and condenser dryer water reservoir can't really be taken out....will have to think about that one!)
- Move VERY HEAVY dresser into the kitchen....couldn't have done if it was in two pieces!
- Now take out plates etc from the cupboards that were left up and put into dresser.
- Clear out boxes etc and put SOMEWHERE!
Anyway.....that is where we are now. Next weekend will be pour more self-levelling compound. Gutting the little bathroom leaving only the toilet. More wall patching. Tiling - finally! I've got a few days off with the builders, so I hope to get a lot done. Especially, since we got a call from the furniture place and our couch and chair will be ready this week. They said they could wait a week......hmmm........