Monday, April 24, 2006

Last stages of Tobin's blanket!

I toyed with the idea of using crochet to stitch the three sections together...but found it looked better if I sew it up. Then I was going to use crochet around the border, but with the stockingette stitch it just curled...so I'm dong the edging in garter stitch as it suggests.

Good news! Hubby has bought a camera! We should get it this weekend and so I will be able to download pictures for this blog finally! It will be good to show what I'm doing...even if it is mostly to make myself feel better!

I was almost done with the recycled Sari yarn bag from Knitty, but decided since I did find that I was SMART and bought a third skein I could make it a bit bigger! And still have enough to have a great long handle like I like. I might even use this has a bag to bring stuff back and forth to work. If I do I will have to figure out how to make some pockets for the lining. I don't think they lined the one in the original, but I don't like leaving bags unlined. It might be ok if it is felted, but even then I think a lining helps protect all the hard work you put in to the knitting!

Got the yarn for Wesley's blanket which I will have to get on to soon. Though I want to finish one nephews before I start another's! And the sweater...and I want SOCKS! Oh well....must continue on!

No comments: