Thursday, July 20, 2006

To hot to craft....

I can't believe how hot it is here. I've not been able to get myself motivated to sit in my craft room with a fan blowing on me...blowing everything around. It would have been to much a struggle! Sorry about that. Will try to post the tutorial on the pincushion next week, hopefully it will cool down! They say that the UK is as hot as Bermuda and Brazil at the moment...UGH!!!! We have hit over 100F in the last couple of days.....

I did run across something really cool that I thought I would share with you all.
While helping out in the School Resource center I came across this book. I was entranced! It is a hard to believe how inspiring this book is. Though it is paper, the pictures have all been made on fabric. There is embroidery, applique, tatting, buttons, shells....etc.... I really would like to do even just one picture! It is so cool...so check it out. The ISBN is 1841480606 and it is illustrated by Rachel Griffin, retold by Tanya Robyn Batt.

Just goes to show that you should check out children's books sometimes for inspiration!

1 comment:

Foxy Knitter said...

The heat *finally* broker here, but it's supposed to be back next week. St. Louis is really frying--it's hot and the power is out, so people can't turn on the air conditioning. Hope it cools off in the UK soon!