Google+ Followers

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Websites to check out

While sitting here all covered up in upteen blankets and clothes I've been trying to catch up on some web goodness. I've found a couple things I want to pass on....

Yarndex Yarn Directory is a website where you can look up yarns and see patterns that go with them, reviews and also substitutions. It looks like a great help. I need to do a bit more scouting around but found out about it through Cast On.

The other cool site is the Knitting Scholar. This has reviews of knitting books and should be a really good source for those of us (yes me!!!) that should go on a bit of a book and yarn diet......I found out about this through Franklin Habit's blog Panopticon. I can't wait until next week. I'm going to go to the store I Knit in London and meet him!!! He has a new book out called "It Itches" which feature his cartoons. I love his work...and well....he is from Chicago...so is a bit of home.

Oh I'm so stressed about the election. I hope that everything turns out ok....nail biting stuff.....

3 comments:

Urban Domestic Goddess said...

WOOOOOOO! Yes we did!!! I stayed up late to watch the returns and the acceptance speech. I'm exhausted but so very happy.

Maiden Love said...

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA!
<3 <3 Yay! <3 <3

Dawn said...

I'm very proud right now.