Sunday, February 18, 2007

Secret pal 10

Well, the time is here again, another Secret Pal is starting. I enjoyed the last one very much. I had a secret pal from the States, and person to spoil was a wonderful girl from Estonia. I'm looking forward to meeting two new people!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I must admit that I perfer natural fibers, though I have used blends and do like them.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A wicker vase my Mom bought me for Christmas one year.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since I turned 30, though I've crocheted and crafted all my life. I'm an intermediate knitter...though I tend to through caution to the wind and try new stitches and stuff. My biggest problem is, I am mathematically challenged.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon and I'm thinking about an Etsy. I just LOVE Etsy.com

5. What's your favorite scent?
Lavender

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
This time of year I miss peeps!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I've recently learned how to spin. I've always made crafts, recently I've been trying very hard to start being more artistic with crafting. I'm doing a lot of work with art journaling and trying to do more Fiber arts.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like alternative (or Indie) music.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm really in to bright colors. I think because this country is so drap and dreary (and everyone tends to wear black.)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, no kids. We have two guinea pigs, two rats and four mice.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I don't do ponchos, but I love scarves etc.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to make anything really.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Right at the moment I'm in the middle of two blankets and a bag.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
ABSOLUTELY

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
All of the above.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I like to do this by hand, it is something I can do in the car without getting sick!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Very, Very old

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving...I'll be home for it this year!! Yeah!!!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Craft supplies and books

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I've got several books on my wish list. I like One-skein wonders by Judith Durant. Subline Stitching by Jenny Hart is another one. Right at the moment I'm dying to have some more Luna Moon needles and Addi turbos. I would love any beautiful yarn. I like unusual colors and textures.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Weaving

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, though I've yet to make me any that fit. I wear American size 10.

23. When is your birthday?
Nov 15

No comments: