1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I mostly like natrual fibers....though a mix isn't too bad. I love some more sock yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a lovely wicker vase that I display them in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for the last 8 yrs....but more now then I use to. I'll try anything as long as I have a pattern for it! I've tried to knit gloves...with more then 2 colors....stupid!!!! But otherwise I can get along with lace, double point needles, more then one color ... etc...
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes Amazon, and it is full of creative books I want!!!!
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Vanilla or lavender
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Of course, I like fruity things and Milk Chocolate (not dark)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
It would be easier to tell you what I don't do. I try to stick with fiber/textile arts at the moment. I've recently learned how to drop spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love alternative music Cold Play, Tori Amos....etc....
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like bright colors. I'm not too picky really. As long as they are rich or bright I like them.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my hubby and 2 guinea pigs, 3 pet rats, and 4 pet mice.....
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
No ponches...but have to have the rest....have to walk to work!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything and everything! (Though I've not done a sweater for myself yet.)
13. What are you knitting right now?
Secret project. I'm going to start a blanket for my nephew also.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
No plastic...but any of the others types.... I love wood ones. It depends on the project I'm doing and the yarn I'm using.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, I actually prefer to do it by hand.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have a really old sweater that I'm going to do free form knit and crochet on...it is from about 5 years ago.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Now that I don't get a Thanksgiving I miss it terrible!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Teddy Bears. (Russ are my favorite) Craft supplies, old books....
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Spinning in the Old Way: How (and Why) to Make Your Own Yarn with a High-Whorl Handspindle
Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts
Knit Fix: Problem Solving for Knitters
Patterns I would like....hmmm....there are, but most of them are free anyway!
I would love to have some of the great sock yarn everyone in the States talks about Socks that Rock etc.
I've been subcribing too Vogue Knitting but I've stopped that. I also get Knitters but if I could I would drop it....gift subscription for like 3 years for some reason. I always buy Interweave Knits when I can. Would love to have a look at Rebbeca sometime.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to do better at intarsia, and would like to make something from the yarn I spin.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I like to make socks...but have trouble making my own. I have big feet US 10 and my ankles are very thick so that makes it hard for a tight knitter like me to actually make them to fit. Though I am working on it!
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
I'm looking forward to this secret pal. The last one was loads of fun and it is great to be able to put together little packages for someone that you are getting to know from their blog and their emails!