Monday, October 22, 2007

Finally getting down to some Embroidery

I've had this book for a while...I've probably posted about it...though I can't remember. I've been inspired by many of the patterns. I have to admit it, I'm getting really excited about free-style stitching. I'm trying to not use a pattern that is copied on to the material. I want to see if my stitching is better then my drawing. So far it isn't too bad.


This is my interpretation of the cover.....





(wool felt - cotton 6 strand)



and this is a poor scan of my edging.




(Cotton Velvet hand dyed, wool thread, cotton 6 strand, cotton one strand)

I have to admit something to you all. I'm knitting, but it isn't my first passion. I've become obsessed with fiber in all of its guises. I also like to blog about Indie craft/arts people that I come across. I will be doing more and more of that. I love buying stuff from other crafters and I love spreading the message about them. Like many of you, I've been on a bit of a hiatus from blogging.... work and life gets in the way. But I pledge to do better. I've got lots of pictures of stuff that I want to post about...lots of stuff I need to take pictures of.....so I will try and work out how I can post more often and hopefully get others excited about what I see out there too!
I can't even believe that I've not posted about Knitting and Stitching at the NEC, Origins - London craft fair, or the Knitting and Stitching at Alexandra Palace....not to mention Wingham wools at the Guild this weekend...where I swore I wasn't going to spend much...and ended up with a huge bag full of lovely fleece to spin...and other things......

4 comments:

Knittingmummy said...

You really have been lucky to go to so many shows, I am very very envious. Maybe next year I will get to some. Your embroidery looks good, I used to cross stitch a lot but haven't touched it for ages, although I did start looking through my enormous stash of kits the other day, there just aren't enough hours in the day are there.lol.

Melissa Perreault said...

oooh, the stitching all looks lovely. I love the freeform circles!

The green case is beautiful!!

I am sooo envious of all your lovely shows, lucky girl!!

Anonymous said...

There's such a lot more beautiful and interesting crafts out there than knitting only - I'd love to do more different crafts also, but for the moment I have this time problem, my day should have at least 50 hours to get everything done that I want to do and want to try... But I'm really looking forward to reading about and seeing your different projects - whatever you're going to try, I'll be interested!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the support. Time is always a factor and that is why I'm trying to focus a bit. We will see how it goes! I've still got lots of knitting in my head...but more embroidery at the moment!